Derivative Technology LLC (“DTECH”) is an information security and risk management company. We respect your privacy and handle your data accordingly. This policy outlines the data we collect and how it is used.
DTECH primarily collects information (“Information”), including personal information (or “Personal Data” for those of you outside the U.S.), from you when using one of our web-based products; Personal information refers to information that allows us to determine your identity
We may also receive your Information when you:
- Provide or update account information
- Register for DTECH events (including webinars, or hackathons)
- Order or use DTECH products, services or other offerings
- Communicate with DTECH on-line or off-line
- We ask for Information only when necessary.
- We don’t share your Information with anyone except to provide you with products and services; if we need to share it to comply with the law, or protect our rights, we’ll tell you when possible.
- We don’t store Information unless required for the on-going operation of services or to provide you with products, to comply with law or to protect our rights.
What we collect
We may collect the following types of Information from you:
When you register to use our web sites or web-based products, we will ask for Information in the form of your name, email address and a password.
When you register for services or purchase product from DTECH, we may ask for Information such as your email address, billing address, and credit card information. Credit card information is only used in processing your transaction. Please note that we may use a third party payment processing merchant to process your payments.
Non-personally identifying information
If you contact us and provide us with Information, we may keep a record of that correspondence and information.
What do we do with the Information we collect?
We may use your Information in the following ways:
- To authenticate access to certain features of our websites.
- To fulfill your orders or respond to requests you make.
- To provide services, products, process payment, and authenticate access (where required).
- To analyse the performance or the appropriateness of products or services.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements (including responding to court orders, subpoenas and to prevent crime). These special circumstances may require us to disclose personal information.
- To contact you if your actions violate your agreement with us (if any).
- To fix errors and analyse trends.
- To study how anonymous users interact with our websites and services.
- To send administrative information, like product announcements or changes to contract terms or policies.
- To send educational materials or information about upcoming events.
- To diagnose and fix technical issues and monitor the security of our environments.
How we share the Information we collect
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade Information with third parties for their commercial purposes. We do not disclose Information outside DTECH, except in the situations listed in this section or in the section below on Compliance and Safety.
DTECH may disclose Information to third parties in the following ways:
- Service Providers. We may disclose Information to our third-party service providers, vendors, or others who provide services for DTECH’s business operations. This may include such things as infrastructure, data analysis, order fulfillment, IT services, customer service, professional services or audit services, among others.
- Compliance and Safety. We may disclose Information to law enforcement in response to a valid subpoena, court order, warrant, or similar government order, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property or rights, or those of third parties or the public at large. In complying with court orders and similar legal processes, DTECH strives for transparency. When permitted, we will make a reasonable effort to notify users of any disclosure of their Information, unless we are prohibited by law or court order from doing so, or in rare, exigent circumstances.
- Merger, Sale, Etc. We may disclose information in the event of a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of DTECH business or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Other Users.We may disclose information to other users of DTECH products and services in aggregated format, provided it does not include personal information. This may include “best practices” tips, KPIs, benchmark data or other such aggregated information useful to the user community.
Cookies we use
|user authentication||token||This cookie is used to authenticate a user via oauth.||This cookie containers access_token, refresh_token, token_type, expires_in, and scope. This information is used by the oauth protocol|
|session management||JSESSIONID||This cookie is used for for session management.||This cookie is generated by tomcat J2EE web application for HTTP protocol servlet.|
How we protect the information we collect
DTECH is very concerned about protecting the confidentiality of your Information. We have security measures, including administrative, physical and electronic measures, to protect against the loss, exposure, misuse or alteration of Information that we have collected from you in the use of our products and services. These measures include SSL data encryption to transmit your personal information as well as technical architectures and systems to prevent unauthorised third parties from accessing your personal information.
How to access and correct your information
If you would like to review, correct, or update your personal information contact us at: email@example.com. Be sure to indicate in your request what information you would like to have changed. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable, consistent with applicable law.
66 Bovet Rd. Suite 325
San Mateo, CA 94402
Please note that email communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your emails to us.